Tuesday, April 6, 2010

M is for March Break!



"Have a great March Break everyone!" Mme Radler said as we bolted for the door at 3:15 on March 12.
Who doesn't love MARCH BREAK?! Well I know that I love it. Two weeks of complete relaxation, whether your out having fun in the sun or just kicking it on the couch, it's always a great time.

"Emelie get in the car already" My mother shouted at 2:00am. It was WAY too early for me, but up I got, dragging my bags behind me. I reached the car! My plan was to sleep until we got to the Buffalo Airport, but my sister, as excited as she was decided she'd sing along with her iPod. Leaving me, trying to fall asleep, but really I couldn't because there was such a horrible noise. So, I never got to sleep, but we had finally arrived at the Airport, just in time to stand in a huge line up. Awesome. The good thing about when my family goes on vacation, we always travel with friends. This time there was a total of like 20 of us. So as we went through securtiy they ended up being behind us. Fortunately we got through everything fast and safely, leaving us with about a 2 hour wait sitting in chairs. Even more fun, but with all of us together, it actually was. Time flied and soon we were off. We arrived in Fort Lauderdale. The cruise was leaving the next day so we had a day to do whatever we wanted. Which the only thing I could think of was SHOPPING, we went to the mall and stayed there until closing, then went back to the hotel and slept.
In the morning we had some breakfast and soon it was time to board THE OASIS OF THE SEAS! Only the biggest cruise ship in the world!! My friends and I were SUPER excited to board.

This is it, the moment of truth, the time we board! The ship was marvelous, and we had one of the biggest suites. Although I was very tired, I was ready to explore. The ship had a sports deck,a skating rink, theatres, pools, an arcade, clubs, a boardwalk with a carousel, and many more. There were lots to do on sea days (days where we were at sea) and lots to do when we reached the ports. On this particular cruise, we visited St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and Nassau in the Bahamas.
In St. Thomas all of the girls went shopping, and all of the guys went to Black Beard's Castle. We had lots of fun!
In St. Maarten we also went shopping. Which was quite amusing, there were many great sites.
In the Bahamas we went to the Atlantis Hotel, where many celebrities stay, there were many cool things to see, and amazing glass sculptures.
All of the ports were exciting and beautiful.

I did so many things on this cruise, it was incredible!I will remember it forever!
I had the time of my life!

"Welcome back, did everyone have a good March Break?" Mme Radler said as we shoved our way through the classroom door bright and early on a MONDAY morning, everyone tired and not very excited to be back sitting in a classroom all day.
March Break is over, but now we have SUMMER VACATION to look forward to!


Life Lesson: Be greatful an enjoy everything you have.

I commented on Laurels Blog!(I have no idea how to add a link, sorry Ms.Weldon!)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog post Emelie!! I'm sure you had lots of fun on your cruise! All that shopping must have been great, and there were so many activities to choose from. I like how you connected your introduction with your conclusion. It really ties up the post. Although I don't really see a connection between the topic of your post and your life lesson. But great post anyway! Keep it up!
    (sorry about the last comment, I sort of deleted it by accident)

    ReplyDelete