Wednesday, April 21, 2010

T is for Tests!

"Don't forget to study for ALL four of your tests!" My mother shouted. And all that was running through my head was "Oh my goodness, how am I going to pass all of these tests?" "And why do teachers do this to us, do they expect us to pass every test with flying colours, even if we have one almost EVERY day of the week, why don't they spread them out?!" "UGH!"
I find that tests can be very stressful if you don't prepare properly for them, so I try and study as much as I can, so I do well. But then, if you participate in other out of school activities then it gets harder, you don't have as much time to study, and you're always running around trying to get ready for whatever it is that you have to do, and trying to study at the SAME TIME. Like how are you supposed to balance that? And when teachers cram all the tests into one week, then it's even better, because you get to try and study for like 4 tests AND get ready for what you need to do. SERIOUSLY!
So pretty much, I think balancing everything you need to do PLUS studying can be difficult. And then when your mother gives you a huge long list of chores to do, which just adds on to your big list of things to do, it's even worse.
Soon enough, it is midnight and you're still trying to study and finish all of your chores, as your mother is telling you to go to bed. I find that hard to cope with, and it totally stresses me out.
And finally the day of the first test comes, and your body starts to tremble and you’re trying to breathe right before the test. Now it's right in front of you. The clock is ticking, and ticking! Your pencil breaks, and you don't have an eraser, what are you going to do? But really it doesn't and you keep writing and writing until finally the last question. DONE! Finally you’re finished.
Two days later it's back in front of you with a nice big red 90% on the front page right beside YOUR name. It makes you feel great!

"Mom, can you please come and sign this test, I tried my hardest!" "Well done, she says." As she reminds you to study for the three other tests, and she tells you that you have practice, and a big long list of chores to do. "Here we go again!" I think to myself.

Life Lesson: Never give up!

I commented on Tommy’s post.

1 comment:

  1. Great post Emelie!!! I defienetly agree with the fact that the teachers sometimes cram tests into one week, and it can get very stressfull. I liked the way you organized your post, it really made it easy to read. Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete