Wednesday, May 12, 2010

S is for School

"Emelie, it's your first day back to schoool, GET UP!" I heard a voice scream up to me. I shoved my head under my pillow, and pulled the covers up to my ears, hoping that I wouldn't hear that voice again. Unfortunately I did, and eventually HAD to get up so that I was not late for my very first day back at school.



Summer is over, and school is starting. Some disapointing words after you just had an amazing summer.

There are many things that happen at school. The first thing that most people think of when they hear the word school, is HOMEWORK. But there is way more than just homework going on at school. At my school, there are many activities you can do. Like sports and choir, things like that. And the sports switch up every term.

First term, I never really got into sports, but I can choose from field hockey, basketball or cross country. I'm either trying field hockey or basketball..I'm supposed to play basketball with my best friend...but I don't really know if I want to. I also take part in the choir every term. It's a lot of fun.
Second term, I play volleyball. It's a lot of fun! We travel to all kinds of schools to play them. We may not be the best team, but we have fun playing the games.
And finally third term, I play soccer. I used to be a part of the track team, but I decided to switch it up and try soccer. It is a lot of fun, especially since we're a big team.

The thing with doing extra things at school, is that I have to be careful with what I choose, so that I can balance it with all of my homework. Falling behind in school wouldn't be fun. So, school always comes first.

So besides all of the homework that we think of when it comes to school, there are things like I mentioned above that you can participate in at school. Another thing I can't forget are FRIENDS. There are lots of people to hang out with and talk to. So really school isn't all that boring.

But it seems to fly by..

"Emelie, did you remember to get everything out of your locker?" My mom asked as we walked out of the school. It is now Summer, I realized!

Life Lesson: Make the best out of something, there are always ways to make certain activities fun.

I commented on Tommy's blog about Lady Gaga!

No comments:

Post a Comment